Popular Posts

Friday, June 8, 2012

Rand Paul

Rand Paul's endorsement of Mitt Romney is to me immoral and unprincipled but maybe I am wrong. maybe it is the only realistic option, at least in Rand Paul's eyes,  that he has for advancing his father's libertarian agenda. If it is, my blog has been totally ineffectual in its intent.

It remains to be seen whether the elder Paul will do the same. my guess is he will. I hope not. i pray not. It would seem so out of character for him to do such a thing.

I am in favor of a libertarian takeover of the Republican party. I am also in favor of a progressive takeover of the Democratic party. i do not see either happening within the next 2 presidential election cycles. Twelve years from now we might celebrate a progressives verses a libertarian presidential campaign.  It would be a good thing.

But is it possible? Can these tow ideologies overthrow the corporate tycoons who dominate the two parties? I the long run, maybe but not this year or 2016 or 2020. We don't have that long to wait. by then global corporate interests will have made all national elections fronts for keeping power. It seems they may have already done this and if so, that argues all the more for impatience.

No comments:

Post a Comment